Welcome to the Swiss Emissions Trading Registry
Due to system maintenance operations at the International Transaction Log of the UNFCCC, the Swiss Emissions Trading Registry is not available for transactions with Kyoto units on 8 February 2023, from 16:00 to 18:00 (local time).
Opening hours (Tel.: +41 58 462 05 66, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Working days EHR Helpdesk: Monday to Friday, from 9am to 12pm (local time), except official holidays and closures of the registry and/or the helpdesk
Transactions to be executed on an official holiday or on a working day when the EHR Helpdesk is closed for other reasons will be executed on the first working day thereafter.
Registry/helpdesk closures: 7-10 April / 27-28 April / 18 May / 29 May / 1 August / 25-26 December 2023
- The auction of allowances for installations (CHU) for the year 2022 took place from 28 November, 12:00 to 30 November 2022, 17:00 (local time). This was the first tranche of CHU from 2022. Another auction of CHU is planned before the deadline for the 2022 compliance year (30.04.2023). You will be informed of the date and exact quantity in due course.
- The auction of allowances for aircrafts (CHUA) for the year 2022 took place from 5-7 September 2022. The auction has been cancelled without an award because the clearing price differed significantly from the applicable price on the secondary market in the EU (Article 48 paragraph 2 letter b CO2 Ordinance). The auction was repeated as follows: 24 October 2022, 12:00 to 26 October 2022, 17:00 (local time).
Pursuant to Article 48 paragraph 2 letter b of the CO2 Ordinance, the FOEN may cancel an auction without making an award if the clearing price in the auction period differs significantly from the applicable price on the secondary market in the EU.
Calendar for the execution of transfers between the registries
Transactions will be executed every Tuesday and Thursday with the exception of the following dates:
- Monday, 02.01.2023 until Friday, 06.01.2023 (1st calendar week 2023)
- Tuesday, 21.02.2023 (Carnival)
- Thursday, 06.04.2023 (Maundy Thursday)
- Tuesday, 09.05.2023 (Europe Day)
- Thursday, 18.05.2023 (Ascension Day)
- Tuesday, 01.08.2023 (Swiss National Day)
- Tuesday, 15.08.2023 (Assumption Day)
- Thursday, 02.11.2023 (All Souls' Day)
- Monday, 25.12.2023 to Friday, 29.12.2023 (52nd calendar week 2023)
Any changes to the transfer dates in 2023 will be published at least five working days in advance, notwithstanding short-term notices on changes due to unforeseen temporary closures of the registries (e.g. force majeure, technical and/or security issues). Unless specifically announced, cancelled transfer dates will not be rescheduled. Further information is available in the frequently asked questions.