Welcome to the Swiss Emissions Trading Registry
On the website of the Federal Office for the Environment FOEN you can find detailed technical information on the Swiss Emissions Trading Scheme and the Emissions Trading Registry.
Opening hours (Tel.: +41 58 462 05 66, Email: email@example.com)
Working days EHR Helpdesk: Monday to Friday, from 9am to 12pm (local time), except official holidays and closures of the registry and/or the helpdesk
Transactions to be executed on an official holiday or on a working day when the EHR Helpdesk is closed for other reasons will be executed on the first working day thereafter.
Registry/helpdesk closures: 17 July / 21 July / 1 August / 25-26 December 2023
- The auction of allowances for installations (CHU) for 2023 (1st tranche) is expected to take place at the end of 2023.
- The auction of allowances for aircrafts (CHUA) for 2023 will take place in the second half of 2023.
The FOEN publishes auction dates no later than one month prior to the auction on the EHR website.
Calendar for the execution of transfers between the registries
Transactions will be executed every Tuesday and Thursday with the exception of the following dates:
- Tuesday, 01.08.2023 (Swiss National Day)
- Tuesday, 15.08.2023 (Assumption Day)
- Thursday, 02.11.2023 (All Souls' Day)
- Monday, 25.12.2023 to Friday, 29.12.2023 (52nd calendar week 2023)
Any changes to the transfer dates in 2023 will be published at least five working days in advance, notwithstanding short-term notices on changes due to unforeseen temporary closures of the registries (e.g. force majeure, technical and/or security issues). Unless specifically announced, cancelled transfer dates will not be rescheduled. Further information is available in the frequently asked questions.