Welcome to the Swiss Emissions Trading Registry
Due to system maintenance operations, the Swiss Emissions Trading Registry is not available from 5 December, 16:00 to 6 December 2023, 18:00 (local time).
From 9 September 2023, all international transactions with Kyoto units will be suspended (see also frequently asked questions).
Opening hours (Tel.: +41 58 462 05 66, Email: email@example.com)
Working days EHR Helpdesk: Monday to Friday, from 9am to 12pm (local time), except official holidays and closures of the registry and/or the helpdesk
Transactions to be executed on an official holiday or on a working day when the EHR Helpdesk is closed for other reasons will be executed on the first working day thereafter.
Registry/helpdesk closures: 25-26 December 2023 / 1-2 January 2024
- The auction of allowances for installations (CHU) for 2023 (1st tranche) took place from 13-15.11.2023. The auction of the 2nd tranche CHU for 2023 is expected to take place in the first half of 2024.
- The auction of allowances for aircrafts (CHUA) for 2023 took place from 11-13.09.2023.
The FOEN publishes auction dates no later than one month prior to the auction on the EHR website.
Calendar for the execution of transfers between the registries
Transactions will be executed every Tuesday and Thursday with the exception of the following dates:
In 2024, transactions will be executed daily (Monday to Friday) with the exception of the following dates:
- Monday, 1 January 2024 to Friday, 5 January 2024 (1st calendar week of 2024)
- Thursday, 28 March 2024 (Maundy Thursday)
- Friday, 29 March 2024 (Good Friday)
- Monday, 01.04.2024 (Easter Monday)
- Wednesday, 01.05.2024 (Labour Day)
- Tuesday, 09.05.2024 (Ascension Day / Schuman Day)
- Friday, 10.05.2024 (day after Ascension Day)
- Monday, 20.05.2024 (Whit Monday)
- Thursday, 01/08/2024 (Swiss bank holidays)
- Thursday, 15.08.2024 (Assumption Day)
- Friday, 01.11.2024 (All Saints’ Day)
- Monday, 23.12.2024 to Friday, 27.12.2024 (52nd calendar week 2024)
- Monday, 30.12.2024 to Friday, 03.01.2025 (1st calendar week 2025)
Any changes to the transfer dates will be published at least five working days in advance, notwithstanding short-term notices on changes due to unforeseen temporary closures of the registries (e.g. force majeure, technical and/or security issues). Unless specifically announced, cancelled transfer dates will not be rescheduled. Further information is available in the frequently asked questions.